Join us this winter for a special collaboration with AgTech X! We are excited to offer our Intro to Aquaponics class at our winter campus for a one-time discounted price. Learn how to grow vegetables, and freshwater fish in a recirculating eco-system at a beautiful indoor space in Bushwick, Brooklyn. This workshop will be led by our farm manager who has a near decade experience as both a farmer and educator.
In this 2 hour course participants will learn:
- history of fish cultivation
- basic science of aquaponics
- plant propagation in a soil-less medium
- fish selection and management
- design options with a focus on simplicity, economic viability, and environmental sustainability
- aquaponics best practices
This workshop is ideal for gardeners, teachers, home enthusiasts, architects, developers, and the curious interested in learning alternative farming methods and reducing their environmental footprint. Participants will leave this unique class with the knowledge required to start and maintain their own aquaponics gardens.